Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's a Fair Balance

One of my close friends got married last Saturday. We were all very happy for her, seeing her tie the knot with her beloved partner. Then on Tuesday, I got a piece of upsetting news. My colleague lost her baby which is no bigger than 2 months old.

There are many encounters and life experiences that we got to know of as we walk down life's path. Ups and downs are just what one needs to face in life. As I grow older, I get more emotional about the events that occured, though not having a direct impact on me. When I see Sophia and Vincent walking down the wedding aisle, I felt so touched and truly happy for them that I want to tear a little. When I heard about my colleague losing her baby, I didn't know what to say or feel then as this was totally unexpected. Humans are just so vulnerable, susceptible to whatever fate that has been laid out in front of us.

I realise too that at work, mutual respect is very important in maintaining a professional and close working relationship. At first, you may not think much of your boss or peers, and even attempt to put them down. However, after a while, when you put yourself in their shoes and think in their prespective, things become clearer and you will be able to understand why certain things are done or thought some way. Thus, I've come to see my new function head in a different light and applaud him for some of the initiatives he has taken.

No comments: