Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Couples should NEVER quarrel in front of their children

The devastating effects, not only on small children but on grown-up ones as well, are unimaginable. It makes one’s high-spirited feelings plummet, exacerbate the lousy mood one may already has, and brings everything downhill. To little kids, there is emotional impact and may lead to high instability.

That is why, as a parent, you should never ever quarrel with your partner in front of the kids.

I stepped in home after a tiring and long day going through unsmooth events in the day, to listen to them complain and speak in hash tones. Papa complained about Mama cooking too much rice and having to throw it away; Mama blamed Papa for being inconsistent in his intake and expectations. But can’t they communicate better in gentle tones? Do you have to shout like that?

So pissed off. My bro had to add fuel to the flames by being sarcastic, digging in at me and wanted me to remove the bones in his fish. Unable to hold back the irritability and anger, I whacked him with my shoe bag, then the plastic water bottle. Mama couldn’t stand her darling boy being hit, and shouted at me. Another shout huh. I got mad and slammed the bottle hard on the floor.

It has been a while since I got this mad. Sometimes I just wish to be on my own. Living in my small apartment, doing my own things, leading my solitary life. Forgo the work, the responsibilities, the commitment, the need to be in the line.

1 comment:

yuling said...

i totally understand..i get that once in a while too, though i must say it's a lot better now. take care...