Monday, April 03, 2006

Fully maximising my leave day

By swimming 16 laps and doing some shopping!

Mid-morning Wong Tian and I set off to Tampines swimming complex, which has reopened since last Friday after what seemed like ages long of renovations. The new designs are not bad; we both particularly enjoy playing under the mushroom structure at the baby pool that sprays water down like waterfall. And we went on the long curving slide, one similar to the ones in theme parks or in Downtown East. Both times I tried, and got stuck near the end of the slide. Wong Tian was laughing away at me, but aiya can’t blame me for being light-weight.

So it was a good 16-lappie swim, though we could have done more but we couldn’t ignore our growling stomachs. So hungry! So off we went to a coffeeshop for the standard breakfast set (for Wong Tian) and teh (for Wong Zhen). Amazing TP can have 2 whopping huge half-boiled eggs at one go, quite something huh. Mousy me ate away the corners of her kaya toast bread. =P

After lunch at home, I had that instinct to run away from the imminent (thunder) rain. Ain’t like this wet weather! Hence I hopped on the bus and headed to Marina Square for shopping. I haven’t had the chance to fully explore that shopping haven after its major renovations, though had walked around parts of it before. At the end of two hours, I got a pair of black covered heeled shoes and two knit tops from Bysi. Super hard to get nice working tops these days that I had to compromise the quality. Don’t think these tops can last more than half a year.

Conclusion: Marina Square does not quite live up to its mark and is not as fantastic as it first seems. When it comes to shoes though, the choices are quite aplenty. Can try Gripz or Ink for sweeter designs. There was this pair of pink pumps with a cat outline on its front cover, very cute, which I almost wanted to buy.

There goes my day on leave, happily and satisfactorily spent! More leave days for me please!

No comments: