Sunday, April 16, 2006

Hmm is it the balance equation again?

Oops. Almost half a Golden Promfret steamed, one hard-boiled egg and lots of mushrooms with rice make my tummy feel full and bloated. Feel so extremely full now! Will I grow fat?

Paranoid me attributes the recent gain in weight to the private bus to work, which “robs away” my chance of standing throughout the journey to work. But it is compensated by the 10 minutes walk from MAS building to my office every morning. How come? Or is it the multi-grain or walnut bread loaf bought at Cedele and merrily gobbled away at my desk everyday since two weeks ago?

But again, we should be happy with ourselves. At most I’ll eat more fish porridge for lunch!




Just now I got the chance to relive the old days when we cared so much less and did things without so much consideration. I was cycling in the heavy rain from Tampines central to home, feeling the rain beat on my face, shielding it from my eyes using my hands, and at one point it even felt like in a shower.

Needing not to mind if my clothes will be completely drenched, whether I will catch a cold. One of the few times when heavy rain is fully embraced, just like that jog in the rain while making my round at Bedok Reservoir, and that time even further ago outside our loyal DHS, running from the school gate to the bus stop some 800m away.

Sometimes, not caring makes one feel so liberated.

No comments: