Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The UPS and DOWNS of Life

You must agree that with every upside of life, there is the downside of it to come. The same applies the other way, things can't get worse anymore if they've hit the rock bottom.

A little disappointed for not winning any prize for the essay write-up, as being the usual Perfectionist Me, I was slightly hoping to get some extra money to spend. No la, just kidding, prize money wasn't the motivation. After all, I'm just a 小 A. Can't fight with VP.

Also, after working two years, there isn't any recognition, making me think either I'm not good enough or that you have to loud and exhibitionist for people to recognise you. What's the point of fighting so hard? Again, that escapism mentality is creeping in.

Tennis was no good either, my forehand stroke is still like a child's. It can be quite frustrating, knowing you're always in the beginner's phase and need the coach to give specific steps on executing that one simple move.

I think this world is just so cruel; you fight hard for your own survival and no one is going to care about you if you don't scream loud enough. Which is so unlike my character. I wonder if anyone is ever spurred on with the idea of working your whole life away, slogging hard and jostling elbows in the corporate or working world. Either you or I have to perish.

No comments: