Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cantina: The Food and Wine Stop

Being the sweet and thoughtful girlfriend I am, I treated dear boyfriend to dinner at Cantina (http://www.cantinafoodwine.com/Restaurants/greenleaf.htm), an Italian restaurant parked in a rustic little park – Ban Guan Park, along Greenleaf Road. We ordered usual kind of dishes (no wild ones): Bruchetta bread, minestrone soup, sautéed mushrooms and main courses of spinach fettucine vegetarian (for ‘her’) and pork scaloppini (for ‘him’).

As can see, the greenish pasta whetted up my appetite, especially since I’m a vege-lover. The dishes were quite to my liking and did not give a bloating feeling. The portion was just right for me. However, the three big “chunks” of pork meat turned WW off, especially since he is a vege-lover (too!). WW doesn’t have much luck with the food he orders at restaurants; he is always getting something distasteful and unsuited to his food preference. I shall be his food advisor cum consultant. Nutrition and healthy eating are all within my area of expertise!

We came to the conclusion that Cantina is too noisy, kinda too al fresco for our liking and the food not really that delightful. We still prefer Al Dente and Spagheddies for their gastronomic pasta (can’t help but mention Al Dente’s Portobello Mushroom and Spagheddies Veggie Sizzilini. Drool!). Thus, high-class doesn’t necessarily mean you get better quality!

No comments: