Sunday, October 16, 2005

Little Happiness In Life

Tks my dear friends for the concern! Only we girls understand the dilemma when faced with the thorny weight issue.

It has been raining the whole day. It was quite a turn-off; that meant no trip to the park and staying at home for the entire Sunday.

Yesterday was good though. We went kite-flying at West Coast Park after having some light food at McCafe. Our kite (I named it “Moth-faced”) couldn’t sustain in the air after we brought it up by running across the whole field. There simply wasn’t enough wind. However, the beautiful sunset and the nice weather made up for it. And also, the great company. :) Heh, how about kite-flying again next week?

The pace at work is picking up fast, ever since the team lead has come in two weeks ago. I actually enjoy the adrenalin rush at work and am spurred on by work. They’ve got to reward me good come next year’s bonus allocation. How about a promotion? :) (But that’s only in September next year. Hmm.)

Well, couldn’t find much to write on blogs anymore. During working hours, I’m too tied up with work to do any personal stuff; after work I either go home to rest or go out with WW; weekends I spend them outside too. Usually when there are meaningful thoughts, I don’t have this channel to express them. Furthermore, thoughts are fluid; they don’t stay but stray. Nevertheless, there are things in life we should pause to appreciate.

The Little Happiness in Life

Delicious home-cooked meals at home everyday
Dear mama makes sure we don’t go hungry with her warm, nutritious meals prepared for our family everyday. The fact that she does cooking everyday makes her efforts even more visible in my eyes. Whose mama does cooking everyday now in these modern days?

My channel of voice for wind-down every night
Loving WW chats with me every night before I go to sleep, asking me about my day and making sure I am feeling fine and things are going good. It is sweet how sometimes my voice puts him to sleep or the other way round, with me falling asleep while he is still talking to me. Those are the days when either of us feels tired and sleepy from work.

Waffles for breakfast every Sunday
I’m still slim enough for me to enjoy waffles every week! And I live in a great neighbourhood with lotsa shops, including a confectionary, a 24-hours supermarket, 7 (!!) coffeeshops, a 24-hours coffeeshop which sells roti prate, teh and teh tarik, plus lots more other shops (even Watsons!). Heh, even the guy selling fish at the wet market gives me discounts every time.

From the above, I guess you could tell that I’m one with quite a routine lifestyle. Everyday, every night and every Sunday. These are the seemingly routine things, but which keep me going and motivate me through the boring workdays. On top of those mentioned, there are more to add: jogging to Esplanade with a colleague every Tuesday followed by treasured time-alone dinner at EastLink, breakfast of a pumpkin kueh and soy milk downstairs every Wednesday. The lunch appointments on every Tuesday and Thursday with the two dear buddies at work keep me going too. Yeah, life is indeed happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though life can be very routine, it is a matter of how u appreciate such simplicity of life.

My dear friend, even if you are not promoted or getting better bonus, don't take it too heart. Most important of all, you have done your best, regardless how much effort and heart you have put in.

It is not the end of journey but a start! Move on and you'll find fulfillment in life.