Saturday, December 24, 2005

What an uninteresting bunch of colleagues!

After my block leave, I made my way happily to work yesterday morning. There's this corporate-wide X'mas theme event going on, where every floor dresses up in colours of green and/or red and bring out their best performance to charm the judges. The best floor will win $500 in F&B vouchers, while the runner-up and second runner-up get $300 vouchers and $200 vouchers respectively.

But sadly, the 21st floor (my floor) was pathetic. Only a few cats were around, with most colleagues either on leave or away somewhere (maybe partying on their own). Perhaps that's because our floor consist of functions from two different groups - Operations and Technology. So there was no coordinated effort and the happening ones were away. Most of us were dressed in dark blue or black, and in jeans. I donned a olive green skirt with a black top (at least there were some greens in me!). So while other floors were merrily caroling away, we were obediently seated at our desks, typing gibberish stuff away.

But with the wild party animal in me, I ran off to 25th floor, my old home (娘家) and watched their performance. Quite cool leh. And they had a buffet lunch at the pantry area... if only I were still with them! But never mind! My other colleague and I resolved to hold a New Year's party. It ain't too late to party.

Met Sher for lunch yesterday during which she passed me two gifts! One souvenir each from Paris and Korea. Tks Sher! I told her the diary from Paris would serve as my "physical blog", where I can jot down my ideas and thoughts everyday. And yesh, I still want to play 通宵麻将. Who else is keen? :)

Yeah, it's Christmas eve today and though WW and I have no specific plans to spend this day, we'll just do what we like best. Maybe fly a kite. Christmas is nice with the spirit of giving and sharing, a time when friends show their concern explicitly and everyone feels warm. Yesterday Beng See gave me a box of chocolate early in the morning. So nice! I shared a box of Royce whole milk and white chocolate with my IA colleagues. Happy to see them enjoying it too.

No comments: