Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life's little reminders

Recently I've been reminded of the little subtlties and sensitivities in life. One is not to be self-assuming; you can't trust others except yourself to do things. The other is to be careful about what I say, for some words may just poke people in the unintended way. Which reminded me why I chose to be a quiet girl when I was younger. Maybe I should be like WW, crapping all the way and people won't take my words so heavily.

It's okay to be imperfect, but I just can't seem to take my own imperfections lightly. I get outright embarrassed when others point out my flaws. Perhaps I have a big ego. But at some point I also get tired of being or at least striving to be perfect. It's always easier to be wrong than right, flawed than correct.

I don't remember if there were such unhappy days when I was studying a year back.

No comments: