Monday, August 24, 2009

Property bubble?

WW and I went to check out Meadows@Pierce yesterday. I was curious about its "dog running court" and wanted to see if it's a compromised small grass patch for the small doggies that the would-be residents would be rearing. The court itself looked okay - not too small but could be more spacious - but the gym facilities do looked quite pathetic. Nevertheless, the show units were impressive as the master bedrooms beat the size of most other new condo developments. In particular, WW was impressed with their roomy toilets. And it's amazing how fast the units were selling out; something like 70% in two weeks! Furthermore, that's for exorbitant (to me at least) prices of ard $900 psf. Singaporeans are rich huh. Well it will be like a dream come true to own and live in such a posh place, but we're not ready for it and won't want the great financial burden (as yet).

The rest of the weekends was again, too short. We had mahjong session on sat night, which I truly enjoyed. Went swimming with WW on sat afternoon under the strong sun, which I very much enjoyed as well. Did some work-related testing on sat wee hours, with the thunderstorm roaring beside me. Wished I were sleeping soundly in bed though (it was not till 4 am then did I went to bed). Sigh, busy work.

Hope this is a better work week for all!

No comments: