Monday, August 15, 2005

The Cream Puff Temptation


Would you eat a cream puff that has 560 calories (10x an apple’s or 2x a McDonald’s Egg McMuffin) and 47 grams of fats?? Crazy! Stuff it into my mouth and I’ll puke it out. Luckily, that was for a cream puff filled with heavy whipping cream. There are other brands of cream puffs with slightly healthier fillings, like the 1-ounce cream puffs with 80 calories and 5 grams of fats sold by a US food company Omaha Steaks. I read that cream puffs are making a comeback! People simply love “comfort food” and won’t mind the extra calories. Just look at how popular Rotiboy, Bakerzboy (new outlet selling extremely tasty cookies for “exorbitant” prices, according to a friend) and Beard Papa’s are. So if you want to make it big, you can start a wave of cream puffs craze again. Here’s the secret recipe at the left column.

Damn easy.

This afternoon I met my Group Head together with my current direct supervisor for a work discussion for my Group. As the Head’s desk is quite open and visible, anyone who has discussions with the Head can be seen by all the other colleagues on the same floor. My guess and sixth sense tell me that a number of colleagues from the same Group are talking about me, about how I get to be beside the Head on a lot of occasions. To them, it may seem weird that I, being with the Group for only one and a half months so far, get to handle these higher-level tasks and have the chance to be exposed to management meetings, though I may only be taking down notes and minutes of their meetings, and at the most only helping the big boss do a planning task. This is, in my interpretation, a good way of exposure to management issues and topics which my direct boss and big boss are presenting me with. In a way, they are glooming me for bigger roles to come and I thank them for valuing me highly. :) And hee, secretly I’m feeling happy that I get this bit more attention and that the others have noticed it. Evil me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will eat 10 cream puffs at a go. Sinful meh?!

Anonymous said...

hey babe! was surfing jun's blog and saw ur page. i'm gonna follow now. link u to mine ok? heh. let's meet up soon yah? take care :)