Monday, August 29, 2005

What do you look forward to when you wake up?

What do you look forward to everyday when you wake up in the morning? Work days are boring. I look forward to lunches with friends, then after the lunch, to knock-off time when I get to go back home and rest. On other days when I have specific programs or dates, there is that something more to anticipate. On days when I go jogging at Esplanade, I look forward to the dinner at Eastlink (Tampines interchange foodcourt) and having a good time to myself, sipping teh slowly and nibbling my food bit by bit.

Well, is there nothing at work worth looking forward to? Then how can one motivate himself through the minimum eight hours at work? Some people have fun-loving colleagues to mingle with, who bring joy to their boring hours at the salt mines. Too bad I don’t have colleagues who are like me, young and non-family-committed (yet). So we can’t go to the pub or hang out together. This is one thing I must applaud IA, since they have all sorts of people in there yet manage to bond as a team, going for drinks, bowling, karaoke and dinners every now and then.

Mondays are indeed hard to go by. I wish I was in the shopping mall, browsing through the shops now. I want to buy stuff, try pretty clothes and get presents for my loved ones. Why am I trapped in this miserably cold and artificially-lit place? Boohoo. Maybe later take MC and go off, if not to shopping, then for home. I miss my bed!

No comments: