Sunday, August 14, 2005

Willy Wonka

It's interesting to read others' blogs, but I ain't have enough time. Newspapers waiting on the coffee-table, TEC Group Meeting minutes still undone on my PC and I haven't done my Sunday yoga.

Yesterday was a good and pleasant Saturday spent yet again. I drove from home to WW's house in his car, reached at 330pm sharp via ECP. The scene was great along ECP, encompassing the East Coast Park, Tanjong Rhu, Marina South, Benjamin Sheares and the CBD view. I like the feeling of being on a highway, especially for the ECP expressway which weaves high up on the bridges. Then, I spent some time with WW and his mum and sis at their house, taught his sis one Chemistry question (WW’s mama must be thinking how smart I was, though it’s all taiko) and then headed for the market nearby for teh and afternoon bites. Coming evening time, we walked to the nearby park; WW did his pushups of 20 and I walked around, basking in the evening sun. Dinner, comprising very healthy and yummy dishes of stir-fried cabbage, stir-fried cauliflower and mushroom, and braised fish, was settled at his house with his mum and sis. I think I ate more vegetables than any of the rest, but with rice as little as a cat’s consumption, heh.

We then headed off to Fort Canning carpark (free parking, wonderful), walked past the underground to Plaza Singapura and watched “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (I termed it CatCC for abbreviation’s sake). It was my desire to watch the show, after all Roald Dahl’s children books were my favourite! I like them so much, reading some of the many such books he had written, while I was in Primary Three. I attributed my short-sightedness to Roald Dahl, thanks to his marvelously-written stories. At first WW did not seem so keen to watch CatCC, thinking it was some kiddo movie with a stupid plot to fool little kiddos. But hey, sure there was some crap in the show, but which turned out to be funny and hilarious! WW pretty much enjoyed the show in the end, especially seeing those oompas loompas seeing and dancing. Wahahaha, it was so damn funny. There was a lot of propaganda in the story too, for example there were two girls agreeing to be best friends on the surface, but deep inside they were just putting up false acts. The main song in the show is still ringing in my mind, “Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier..” Check it out!
http://chocolatefactorymovie.warnerbros.com/index.html

No comments: