Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ms Nottoz Works Hard

Yes! Ms Nottoz stayed back till 1040pm on Thursday, and has brought work home to do during the weekend! Ms Nottoz also went jogging all the way to Kallang River, Coast Guard station via Esplanade from her office, all by herself. Why pia so hard? I think she's trying to prove to herself that she can achieve her goals and always challenging herself. And it must be due to the opportunities her bosses give her to spur to greater heights! That is why work recognition, employer's placement of trust and confidence in an employee is so important.

While enjoying her work even though it can get tough at times, MN still dreams of running business with MW (aka Mr Wonderwen). Opening a European-styled bakery or developing a vegan concept, reaping in small profits and taking things into own control rather than having to answer to anyone. How does that sound? Slogging for own establishment, seeing it grow and racking brains out to market own products. The results will be so visible and tangible! Unlike slogging away... for a promotion or a good bonus? Not much personal satisfaction, right?

I realise I hardly describe the people around me, other than my loved ones (family members and WW). Oki, firstly, my good friends. Now that most of my friends have started work, we do not meet up as often as used to be, especially compared to studying days when we met in school almost every weekday for lessons. I have a number of cliques garnered from my different phases in life. In primary school, I was closer to my twin sis Tian Put (hee), and also lost contact with some of the closer friends I had made in lower primary. Thus, I'm glad to be in contact still with Stephie, largely due to our fate to meet again in Junior College. And happy to announce that she's blissfully married to XZ, for half a year so far. :) Then, in secondary school, I got to know the Feng Gang (although three out of seven in the gang, not including myself, were in the same primary six class as me) which hangs out together even up till now. We meet up rather frequently, celebrate one another's birthday and see each other through these eight years so far. Tomorrow we'll be gathering for brunch at Kalland MacDonald's, the place we used to hang out in those good old days. Also, there are more - Ker Sin, Minfen, Sher (whom I'm still very close to, coz we met again in Uni and JC), Zhouyun, Angela (she's also my Pri 1 classmate).

Well, I will introduce more friends of mine in the following blogs to come. For now, gotta start doing my minutes so that I can enjoy my lunch later, and the rest of the weekend waiting to unfold!

No comments: