Thursday, August 18, 2005

What a group of professional tai-tais

I can’t believe I get tired so easily! These few days I have the tendency to doze off at work and don’t have the strength to run around that much anymore while playing with Fluffy. I have been feeling so drained these few days, despite staying guai and going home after work on most of the days. Perhaps that habit is what makes me more tired, now that my energy level does not get tested.

Last night WW and I were out for dinner at Yogi Hub, a semi-high-class vegetarian restaurant located near Tekka Mall. They sell organic and vegetarian food, including brown rice set, pesto pasta, pumpkin soup, chips with salsa and fruit salad, just to name a few. We enjoy the food there coz it’s healthy, tasty and pretty appetizing. The only downside is the price. It could be quite expensive, especially for the starters which cost around $7-$8 for a portion for two. Well, that’s the price you pay for scarcity, such as organic food. Over at Yogi Hub we spotted a celebrity and some really high-class tai-tais! Not to mention the die-hard vegan advocate ang-mohs we see every time too. While we were settling into the restaurant, we saw Xie SG walking out. It was not the first time we saw him since he and Ah-Fong are close friends.

Then, in the middle of our meal, WW pointed me to a group of 50-, 60-plus years-old tai-tais. There were about eight of them (I didn’t want to turn back and look too much, didn’t want to let the gang feel even more superior about themselves), all with heavy make-up, sparkling big chunks of diamond jewellery, ultra-branded shoes ($3500 LV sneakers-like shoes on one) and clothes (a scarf that looks like an authentic 100% silk-made one on another). They spoke proper English with deliberated accent and slowness. At first I wasn’t able to catch what they were saying and thought they were foreigners instead (wahaha). Oh man, I wonder what they do during their free time. And how could they be sooo rich? Unfair unfair.

Back to reality, I very much appreciate the good life that I have. I have a loving boyfriend who understands me very well, gives me the freedom I need in not restricting my actions and decisions, gives me a good massage when I feel tired (although that may be less that what Ally the Schnauzer gets) and whose character and thinking match mine so well. What more could I ask for? :) I also have my supportive family, teaching me the right values (although you don’t exactly call selfishness a good value; Mama doesn’t quite like us borrowing our stuff out coz she feels people don’t take care of them), letting me run free as long as I have my principles instilled. Moreover, you could hardly find a Mama who cooks for you everyday anymore, but my Mama does just that. Plus she does the clothes-washing, house-cleaning and all. Wonderful Mama! Papa also contributes to the family; he insists on working even though the pay isn’t that good and that his health is no longer as well due to the fatigue from work traveling. Poor Papa. I hope their healths are kicking good always.

Huang Tian shares things with me magnanimously, unlike me who is calculative and always throws a mini-tantrum when I couldn’t find the clothes I want to wear. She also gives in to my requests all the time, taking time out with me when I have no company. She’s my other-half, my dear twin sister! Lastly in my family there is the youngest child Shou Bi, the naughty yet sensible in the family. He gets hooked onto playing the online game Gamebound and neglects his two poor hamsters by leaving them in a cage full of unchanged smelly sawdust soaked in their own urine. But guys are like that, can’t blame. Nevertheless, Shou Bi is very smart and full of ideas. He’s a guy who dares to try and is one who goes for things even if it may have to be done by him alone. That’s the Wong Family spirit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay we Wong family is the best out of the whole extended wongs.

Anyway, your english full of mistakes. Health can't be spelled as healths coz u cannot count them and we don't borrow out our stuff, we lend them out. Borrow from.

Whahah, go brush up on your English la.

nottoz said...

Ask the stupid MS Word, coz I spelt health but they underlined it red and I chose one of its suggested correction - healths!

So don't blame me for teaching bad English.