Monday, August 01, 2005

Happy Day! (Tks to my long-awaited TOTM)

So, yesterday was good news day. :)

Other than that, I had a day filled with distaste and cold sweat. The Feng Gang met up for dinner at a cozy restaurant situated at Milenia Walk. It was to celebrate XH’s birthday, to pass her the birthday present, and also to give Tian hers. Poor TP. She got her belated present close to half a year late! The gang didn’t had time to shop for Tian’s present during the shopping together that time in February. Subsequently there was no chance for us all to go on a shopping trip together with Tian for her present. So this time Jun asked Tian what she wanted (which was a Nike sports shorts) and Tian got it duly! The marathon-runner can fully utilize her birthday gift now.

The gathering was okay; everyone was kinda tired and restless. The food, on the other hand, was HORRIBLE! I can’t help but to convert the word to upper-case. WW had a main course of chicken scallopini, which was drowning in butter oil. I had grilled Norwegian Salmon, hmm, so-so but also with lotsa oils. I dared not eat too much and passed more than half of my salmon around the table. WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS THAT? I wonder if MF is trying to p***** its customers. On the safe side, I would choose the place to eat the next time we gather, or if the suggested restaurant looks dubious, would eat something first then settle on salad while having dinner with the rest. Saves $$ and can avoid having to drink oils. I so prefer eating with WW at Crystal Jade restaurants, Yogihub, Spagheddies, HANs or Al dente restaurant. Call us choosy eaters.

After the dinner, WW and I walked to Funan the IT Mall coz his car was parked at the carpark there. Dunno where Tian and Tong went after the dinner, they disappeared so fast! I drove WW’s car back home, while WW helped me look out for the narrow carpark lanes and walls. It was scary! The carpark was dilapidated, the walls scratched and flooring bumpy. The entrances and exits were filled with slopes and humps. Gotta insert cash card twice too though it was scanned already a first time. Was quite stressed then and almost broke into a cold sweat. But good that such narrowness was manageable which gave me quite a fair bit of confidence thereafter. I must say WW’s driving skills are not bad too, especially when it comes to tight carparks like these. :)

No comments: