Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Another cycling trip.. on the last day of 2006

It was the last day of 2006, and I thought of doing something I truly enjoy to end off the year on a happy note. So there I was, (not-so) early in the morning fresh and bright, all ready for my cycling trip to East Coast Park (ECP)!

Eyes still puffy, but eager to get started
On the way! Passing by siglap park connector, towards ECP
One of the nice big houses along the park connector. Someday I'm going to own one of such. Heh
View of ECP from my table at CoffeeBean. Was there for breakfast and I almost couldn't tahan anymore on the way there. Stomach was growling loudly for breakfast while I was heavily paddling away.Muesli Parfait and tea, my favourite CoffeeBean breakfast of all times. :)

Later that afternoon, I was off to meet WW and was taking bus 15 and bus 51 to Margaret Drive. Had not been taking such long bus journeys and I was not quite used to them. Luckily WW came and hijacked my bus halfway, or else my butt would be totally numb. After teh, popiah and you tiao at Margaret Drive food centre, we went for a game of billiards at West Coast Recreational Centre. That got my interest in snooker stirred up again and I wanted more. But at the speed we're going (50 mins for a game), we had to stop at one. Heh.

The countdown to 2007 was a simple but very pleasant one. WW and I had dinner at his place with his Dad, then we played cards with his mum. Nearing midnight, we washed up and waited till a few minutes to 2007 to play the fire sparklers I brought over. We could hear the fireworks in the skies (but couldn't see them) and the cheers and screams once the new year approached. WW's neighbour, the wealthy Indian (we presumed), was celebrating with a whole group of yuppies - the modern Indians who like partying oh-so-much.

Partying at countdown events sound fun to me and sometimes I imagine how happening it would be dancing and drinking away. But at the end of the day, I would still prefer being at the comfort of my own or WW's house or neighbourhood, in my slacko shorts and sleeveless top with a no-make-up face, jumping around like the little kid I am.

No comments: