Thursday, January 25, 2007

The smell of new books

I like.

Placing my sweater with the new German books gives it a special kind of fragrance. One which I used to sniff at, in the way a dog sniffs at rib bones, in my younger days. Naturally, when smelling my sweater now, I recall the carefree days of childhood. We used to treat new books with much care, making sure the pages were not folded and the corners not dog-eared. We took pride in keeping our books good as new till the end of the school term. It’s cute how little kids how much treasure their stuff.

Bro is starting his half-year contract work tomorrow at his previous NS unit – Traffic Police. He was telling me of his intention to buy a motorbike at the end of next month when he gets his paycheck. I think Mama will freak out at his decision. What will be her next course of action? To sell our flat, downgrade to a smaller one, and use the difference to buy a car for my Bro? Hope not coz we gotta let Bro take some hardship and go through the tormenting experience of travelling 1.5 hours on public transport. Wahaha, quite an agony.


nottozlady’s wishlist:
- Mega strong hair-dryer (but not super hot in case my hair gets burnt)
- Shawl for use in office

No comments: