Monday, January 22, 2007

learning always

Been a hectic weekend!

Tks to WW for bearing it through with me. I was extremely short-fused and threw my temper or became irritable a few times, but eventually there was WW to cool me down and in the midst, taught me some life lessons which I had forgotten as time went back.

His parents’ shop had their soft launch yesterday and I was down to help out, especially in teaching them to use the point-of-sales system which I myself was touching for the first time. Everything was okay, their parents willing to learn albeit slowly, except for the fact that I couldn’t let go of the notion of getting my freedom. Being the bird I am, restrictive situations make me uncomfortable and I value my weekends too much. Our generation did not go through those 5.5 work-day weeks and never quite knew what it meant to work 24/7.

There are so much more to say. But as usual, I let work tie me down and rob my precious sleeping time away. That’s why my man has a very valid reasoning to this: do not hold on too strongly to reasons derived from emotions but to convince yourself based more on logic and rationality. But it’s easy to say, hard to do, for me. Tell me to not think what will happen if I get insufficient sleep, to not keep harping on not getting to do the things I’ve decided to do (coz I just want to do and feel like doing them), to not put so much pressure and discipline on myself. Alas, I wish to be more bochup and were able to let go of things.

Ah. Why is life such a never-ending learning lesson?

2 comments:

nottotian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nottotian said...

I think sometimes we are too focused on the things we want to do that we get too frustrated when we are stuck in the office on a bright sunny day (like today, but today I am sick at home, yay!). Try to accept and embrace, look forward to stepping out of the office at 6plus pm when there is still warmth and sunlight, look forward to weekends when you can loiter and bask in the sun, and when you can't, try to focus on what you are doing and look forward to the times when you can.