Friday, September 16, 2005

Bottoms-Up (to Red Wine?!?!)

That’s a terrible move! Don’t ever do that if possible!

Speaking from personal experience, you won’t want to blank out on an MRT train and struggle hard for balance. And you won’t want indecisive moments wondering if you should step out of the train onto the platform for unintended puking. (Luckily my stomach was strong enough to hold back all the liquor.)

Last evening a group of slightly more than ten from XGX (quoting Sher’s style), who are members of a major project team, headed to Mon Petit Bar opposite our building for a rolling good cocktail party. I thought I could get away with orange juice, but our dear Group Head wanted everyone to drink! Unwillingly, I requested a glass of red wine from the waitress, who very coincidentally happened to be my cousin! We nibbled some finger food and chatted among ourselves, then, some very courageous colleague suggested bottoms-up with another. That kick-started a round of merry-drinking and a guy (aka jiu gui) happily toasted his beer to my red wine. Jialat lah, I have ¾ glass of red wine left ok. How to ta like that? But ta I went ahead, plus another ½ glass later.

This taught me the importance of holding your liquor man. More drinking sessions to come!

No comments: