Monday, September 05, 2005

Lacklustre Work

Yeah! Me here blogging again coz my boss has no time for me, and he asked me along to McDonald’s later to discuss my slides while he eats his super-late lunch. I’m wishing more and more that I belong to a more routine role where at least I get my role clearly defined! Here I’m waiting for the Team Lead to come in till my neck is getting as long as the giraffe’s. Now I’m doing all these staff work like writing minutes, presenting self-assessment takeaways and other management supportive tasks that I feel like a secondary employee in the company!

So, this morning on the way to work, I was thinking and wondering, what is my dream job? I like to be under the sun, like autonomy and trust to do greater things at work; dislike routine yet non-fixed tasks. Don’t give me small pieces here and there, while not embarking on a project or core work. But anyway, I don’t like being in this department when I have to handle everything single-handedly and every piece of work needs to go through two levels of bosses which slow things immensely since my boss is so busy. Sucky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dad’s birthday is coming up on this Friday. It will just be a simple dinner at Tampines Mall to celebrate, and most probably we’ll go for Din Tai Fung xiao long paos and ramen. Dad, being the typical cost-conscious man in the family, is concerned about the price we have to pay for the meal. But we shouldn’t let him have his way. Should enjoy life while we can! Plus, my parents have been working hard to earn money and living frugal lives since young. They have every right to lead lavish lives too, which I hope we kids can bring them onto soon.

If you don’t do what you like and eat what you crave for when you feel like it, there are not going to be many chances to do so. We have so little time on hands and should just make ourselves happy by doing what we feel like, as long as they are not against own principles. That’s why a lot of people don’t care about whether they gain weight and grow fat (but still not fatter that what they can accept), or if they need to maintain a regular exercise regime. For me, the initial motivation comes from the beauty of being slim – allowing me the additional hop in my steps, that feeling or light-weight and that bounce that somehow reenacts my flying dreams in real life. But now I see the bigger picture and place greater emphasis on fitness, health and balance in life. Looks are still important, no doubt, but should not be placed as an inspiration above practical and nobler ones. And despite saying that, I still want to look young, with the radiant skin and pinkish glow in my cheeks! Where are the days when I managed to, somehow, charm a handful at the same time period? Hoho.

No comments: