Sunday, September 25, 2005

Feng Gang Gathering

Nowadays when I tend to get angry, I rationalize my emotions with logical reasoning. Let’s say a friend said to drop by at 3pm, but reached an hour and half later. This I understand coz I exercise the same misjudgment, due to unexpected tasks and a lack of time. However, there is a fine line between what is a genuine miscalculation and an intended wrong. I don’t like people giving empty promises, people who don’t exercise punctuality (or at least who thinks you have a lot of time to spare waiting for them) and people who does not respect others. In the workplace, you see very irresponsible people who can conveniently forget to inform you of important matters, or shall I say it’s a whole department of staff who do that.

But aside from work matters, my propensity to get flared up has dropped, partly due to less time spent at home. Previously, I tend to get worked up facing Ama at home as she can be too stubborn for someone like me to bear. Furthermore, less time spend together actually increases both amicability towards each other. That’s how the Chinese proverb goes: 物以希为贵。Humans treasure only things out-of-reach to them.

Last evening the Feng Gang (as I termed it) gathered at Ivan’s house for a good meal cum catch-up session. We tried Ivan’s hearty cum healthy home-cooked dishes – teochew-styled steam fish, 公保鸡丁, prawns and stir-fried asparagus – which were very praiseworthy especially when it was Ivan’s first attempt. It was a very refreshing break from the routine of having meals out. I still remember the butter-oil-soaked pasta WW had the other time we met at Moonfish. Heh.

After the main meal we girls, as usual, were craving for something sweet (the best is that it’s chilling as well; we [they] don’t care about its sinfulness). As a natural progression, Tian excitedly presented the Marquise chocolate cake from The Patissier (
http://www.thepatissier.com/) and joyfully took out two tubs of ice cream, rum & raisin and kahlua krunch, bought from The Daily Scoop (http://www.thedailyscoop.com.sg/) and very much to all’s delight. If we all meet every week, I will definitely grow to be very fat! But the desserts were simply too hard to resist; I had to cut some apples to curb the urge to dig on further into those two tubs.

In all, we had a good time, indulging in home-cooked fare, sinful desserts and one another’s company. We were laughing away when flipping through the photos of older times, especially the one taken in Swissotel, hehehe. We as a group have definitely come a long way together, as long as a good “some years”, as insisted by Xianhe. (Actually it was a good decade since those secondary school times.) Oh hoho. How young are we now?

No comments: