Monday, September 12, 2005

Or-bi-good

On my way to work this morning, I saw a young lady trying to beat the traffic at a congested traffic-light crossing despite it being green light for the vehicles. Initially there was a halt for the vehicles at the crossing and it was then that the lady tried to thread across between the waiting vehicles. But after passing the first lane of the three, the traffic started flowing again and she found herself trapped in the middle of the moving traffic. Standing at the other end waiting for the pedestrian green light and seeing her standing cautiously between dangerous vehicles (mind you, the cars were all turning in from a main road!), I was half laughing at her, mocking her stupidity and impatience, or perhaps her disrespect for the vehicles. I guess my reaction wasn’t that appropriate; perhaps I should be empathizing her wrong move and worrying for her instead of thinking she deserved the nervous and stressed moment.

Nonetheless, the road is a dangerous place. Gotta give it some respect ok. Who knows if I were the one driving, carefully avoiding bumming into a strange human figure standing in the middle of the road, I would simply honk and give that figure a jump. Having to look out for such conditions especially when driving in the busy CBD area can be quite stressful and irritable, you know. Wahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop the spam. Very irritating. Delete them or what.

I would love to go right next to that lady (leaving only 1mm of space between her and my power car) and honk so loudly at her that her heart will jump out of her mouth.

Shiok!

nottoz said...

Yay spam no more!

You evil girl..as evil as me! Hee